What makes this wheat halwa so special. The Tirunelveli Halwa is a quintessential wheat halwa with a slight twist. This long process involves extracting the milk from wheat before cooking it with generous quantities of ghee and sugar. Real Tirunelveli halwa is a little different from wheat halwa. The standard process of wheat milk extraction, fermentation, Cook in low flame, Rich in ghee and cashew nut with little magic of expertise touch make this sweet stand alone from normal wheat halwa.
Whenever you taste Tirunelveli halwa in SRI DAIRY, you will get the same taste and feel. The secret is recipe standardization. It starts from fixing ingredients, the main ingredient of this halwa is Wheat, Ghee & Sugar. We have tested many brands of wheat and Sugar over a year and managed to find a good brand and we have fixed it. Ghee, we are using our farm fresh butter to make ghee in our factory. So, no doubt, Ghee is 100% organic, Cow Ghee & made in small batches to get consistent quality. Our halwa making is driven by our SOP, which controls all process timing and amount of each ingredient.
Traditional Halwa making Process
- Soaking wheat in water for 8 hours
- Extract milk from wheat in a stone grinder
- Ferment the extracted milk for 12 hours
- Filter the milk using a muslin cloth and remove excess water
- Add the secret amount of water-based on wheat milk concentration
- Add sugar and Wheat milk to an iron pan and start cooking
- Fixed intervals add Ghee and stir well
- Finally, add caramelized sugar with the mixture to get a dark black-red colour.
You can find more details about the product at http://www.sridairy.com
The secret of Tirunelveli Halwa is here